Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/TDxJM8MXk8
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Decaf_Beverages
Decaf_Beverages

Darth Vader V Exar Kun - Page 13 Empty Re: Darth Vader V Exar Kun

November 29th 2019, 9:33 pm
EmperorCaedus wrote:
LadyKulvax wrote:He's literally responsible for editing the works of the authors to better suit the vision of LucasFilm itself. His authority is set in stone by LucasFilm itself by crediting him with having been so involved for so long.

They wouldn't be interviewing him about it in the first place if he wasn't a reliable authority and then go out of their way to tell readers why he's worth interviewing to boot just in case.

It's a published statement in an official LucasFilm magazine that they clearly didn't take issue with.

Not that I find any of this necessary when Kun's feats do the job themselves.
He doesn't edit for the story, and power levels and scaling chains, he edits grammar and continuity errors. You still haven't refuted this point

You haven't read any of those interview's have you. Editors usually do, and Dan did in this case, have story input and control in the works that they edit. Some editors can be hands off, but thats clearly not what was going on. Specifically, Dan Thorsland was said to have worked closely with Tom Veitch specifically. 

Me quoting the artist who was also in the same interview because he also was one of the main artists for other SW projects? That would be stupid. But this guy does have valid authority to be speaking on those things.
EmperorCaedus
EmperorCaedus
Level Three
Level Three

November 29th 2019, 9:40 pm
Decaf_Beverages wrote:
EmperorCaedus wrote:
LadyKulvax wrote:He's literally responsible for editing the works of the authors to better suit the vision of LucasFilm itself. His authority is set in stone by LucasFilm itself by crediting him with having been so involved for so long.

They wouldn't be interviewing him about it in the first place if he wasn't a reliable authority and then go out of their way to tell readers why he's worth interviewing to boot just in case.

It's a published statement in an official LucasFilm magazine that they clearly didn't take issue with.

He doesn't edit for the story, and power levels and scaling chains, he edits grammar and continuity errors. You still haven't refuted this point

You haven't read any of those interview's have you. Editors usually do, and Dan did in this case, have story input and control in the works that they edit. Some editors can be hands off, but thats clearly not what was going on. Specifically, Dan Thorsland was said to have worked closely with Tom Veitch specifically. 

Me quoting the artist who was also in the same interview because he also was one of the main artists for other SW projects? That would be stupid. But this guy does have valid authority to be speaking on those things.
An Editor isn't stated as a reliable source according to the Legends policy.
AncientPower
AncientPower
Suspect Hero | Level Four

November 29th 2019, 9:42 pm
Dan specifically made changes to the story, which editors do all the time. Kun is canonically, demonstratably and is portrayed as far beyond Vader in every direct and indirect comparison there is.

It's not a debate anymore, it's a fact.
AncientPower
AncientPower

November 29th 2019, 9:43 pm
EmperorCaedus wrote:
Decaf_Beverages wrote:
EmperorCaedus wrote:

Please provide the source for your incredibly weak counter.
EmperorCaedus
EmperorCaedus
Level Three
Level Three

November 29th 2019, 9:44 pm
LadyKulvax wrote:Dan specifically made changes to the story, which editors do all the time. Kun is canonically, demonstratably and is portrayed as far beyond Vader in every direct and indirect comparison there is.

It's not a debate anymore, it's a fact.
Vader is portrayed as the superior combatant. Kun, while is good, simply doesn't hold up to Vader. If we were talking about JA Physical Kun, that would be a different story, but the thread clearly states TotJ Kun.
AncientPower
AncientPower

November 29th 2019, 9:47 pm
How? In literally any way? What has Vader ever done that compares to anything Exar Kun has done? Literally everything Vader has done, Kun has done better than. Name some feats for this supposed superiority.

He's portrayed as sub-Muur, who is a very distant inferior to Exar.
EmperorCaedus
EmperorCaedus
Level Three
Level Three

November 29th 2019, 9:48 pm
LadyKulvax wrote:He's portrayed as sub-Muur, who is a very distant inferior to Exar.
Muur had thousands of years to grow. So no. And I'd implore you to provide quotes, as you seemingly don't provide quotes still.
AncientPower
AncientPower

November 29th 2019, 9:57 pm
Muur was trapped in a talisman and had to possess others to do anything. Your claim of growth is utter bullshit. I have debated this specific topic thoroughly and no such claim exists in canon. The only actual statemwnt either way comes from Muur himself who clearly wants to escape his imprisonment and take physical form to conquer the galaxy.

Any such growth, even if it did exist, clearly wasn't enough to surpass the mind of his host Celeste Morne. So it certainly isn't making up for the canonical scaling chain that he's very far below Kun due to.
Decaf_Beverages
Decaf_Beverages

November 29th 2019, 10:20 pm
EmperorCaedus wrote:
Decaf_Beverages wrote:
EmperorCaedus wrote:

Yea, Id like to see a statment on someone with actual story input not being a reliable source
AncientPower
AncientPower

November 29th 2019, 10:24 pm
The Apprentice wrote:
Amazing reply, the western hemisphere bows in awe.

A) Literally no one agrees with you

Must feel really stupid now, don't ya?

I like this Kun brigade, we only get stronger with time:

Me
Decaf
Ziggy
Bart
Goat
EmperorCaedus
EmperorCaedus
Level Three
Level Three

November 29th 2019, 10:47 pm
LadyKulvax wrote:
The Apprentice wrote:
Amazing reply, the western hemisphere bows in awe.

A) Literally no one agrees with you

Must feel really stupid now, don't ya?

I like this Kun brigade, we only get stronger with time:

Me
Decaf
Ziggy
Bart
Goat
The 3 bottom names don’t agree m8.
AncientPower
AncientPower

November 29th 2019, 10:49 pm
They literally said so in this thread.
EmperorCaedus
EmperorCaedus
Level Three
Level Three

November 29th 2019, 10:50 pm
LadyKulvax wrote:They literally said so in this thread.
Exar Kun is powerful, yes. But he doesn’t hold up to the might of Vader. And an editor’s quote doesn’t change that fact.
AncientPower
AncientPower

November 29th 2019, 10:51 pm
He's demonstratably superior in every fashion and your pretending otherwise doesn't change that fact.
EmperorCaedus
EmperorCaedus
Level Three
Level Three

November 29th 2019, 10:52 pm
LadyKulvax wrote:He's demonstratably superior in every fashion and your pretending otherwise doesn't change that fact.
You still have yet to prove how an editor’s quote is valid via Legends guidelines
lorenzo.r.2nd
lorenzo.r.2nd
Level Three
Level Three

November 29th 2019, 10:57 pm
not to be obvious or anything, but u do know that if u ask any author about his favorite character, or a character they have some interest in, they will 99% of the time say "dude, he stomps _blank_!"? i thought i wouldnt have to bring up but ok lol
KingofBlades
KingofBlades
Level Three
Level Three

November 29th 2019, 11:41 pm
Bro EC. Provide a case for Vader over Kun. I dare you.
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

November 29th 2019, 11:50 pm
So, just to sum up:

1. A source has been provided which compares Vader and Kun's personalities and cruelty.
2. The source states that Kun "makes Vader look like a nun", which somehow means he's >>> Vader despite nuns never being used as a form of combative comparison and are instead used as a symbol of goodness and purity in virtually every area of popular culture.
3. The source is being treated like the word of God despite the above and the fact that it's clearly promoting the new work. 
4. The term "unbelievable power" is being used to argue Kun was immensely powerful despite being preceded by a discussion of how he returned the Sith "to power" from near-extinction, and thus is largely referring to his position in the hierarchy of the Sith and his influence over galactic events.

Yep, this source makes Kun's blatant superiority indisputable, all right...
winebottle
winebottle

November 30th 2019, 12:09 am
Vader slaughters nexus boy
AncientPower
AncientPower

November 30th 2019, 5:17 am
How you got that Ulic, Cay, Tott and Nomi have their work cut out for them because Kun is scary is beyond me completely. It's not talking about his mood swings, lmao.
IG
IG
Level Four
Level Four

November 30th 2019, 6:14 am
Kun takes this in a meh fight. His scaling is too vast for Vader to truly compete. If you think about it, he has C’baoth level TP. The Senate TP is so far beyond Vader it’s ludicrous. He has the battleship feat, and Muur scaling damns most.
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

November 30th 2019, 6:20 am
What Muur scaling?
IG
IG
Level Four
Level Four

November 30th 2019, 6:23 am
The fact he surpassed all that preceded him. And the fact that Muur was trapped and didn’t really grow.
Decaf_Beverages
Decaf_Beverages

November 30th 2019, 8:56 am
Darth Vader V Exar Kun - Page 13 Screen10
Another quote from the TOTJ Authors, literally STATING that sweet little Annie became the "nastiest Villain of all time" proof that the earlier quote cannot be referring to personality

Again, Book 1 Kun was squeamish about killing. Vader killed innocents because they minority inconvenienced him. I don't know how this can be made about personality and not power
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

November 30th 2019, 11:50 am
Jesus Christ, the reaching in this post. He's considered the nastiest because Vader is so iconic. That's it. Kun was an up and coming character who made Vader "look like a nun". That's saying he was so much worse than Vader as a person, who still had some redeeming qualities.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum